The Future of Books | Term Project


Books have always been a big part of my life growing up. I always found myself devouring a book after another, spending weekend afternoons at the local library and hiding under my blanket with a flashlight to read when everyone else in my house was asleep. Reading allowed me to experience the lives of characters living in worlds much similar to mine as well as drastically different. Books always have and always will fuel my imagination. If it hasn't been obvious enough, I love books. And throughout my undergraduate career, one of my goals was to obtain an internship at a publishing house and now in my senior year I have. I'm currently interning at the largest corporate book publishing house, Penguin Random House, as Marketing and Publicity intern for one of the smaller imprints. Throughout my few weeks interning here, I've repeatedly heard the same sentiment that print is dying as the ebook market continues to do better. But why is that?

My term project is to analyze the pros and cons of physical books and ebooks. I want to find out whether print is truly dying and is the ebook market actually thriving. Do people prefer the ruffle of turning pages in books or do they prefer the digital experiences in palms of their hands? Why do some people purchase physical copies? Why do some people purchase ebooks? Ultimately, I want to know what is the future of books?  


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Privacy

P2P

Advice