Blog about Twitter


I found the twitter discussion to be quite interesting. While I've been using twitter for years, I've never used it for a class before. I'm generally someone who doesn't participate in a classroom because I'm pretty shy. The twitter discussions were easier for me because it allowed me to interact with my classmates without directly talking to them. I definitely prefer the blackboard discussion and twitter discussions over in person discussion however all three modes of discussion have its pros and cons.

In-class discussions can be daunting for those like myself who are shy. In-class discussions sometimes move so fast because of the limited time in the classroom and this leads for some students not being able to give their opinion. However, it allows for better and faster clarification of the material. It also allows for professor's input and for the professor to better lead the discussion. 

Blackboard and Twitter discussion both allow for the conversation to extend past the class time. Twitter with it's character limits doesn't allow for more in depth analysis but rather faster and shorter opinions. Blackboard allows you to write as much as you want. Both platforms allow you to respond to classmates but again the character limit of twitter becomes a disadvantage and blackboard allows for longer responses. However, one of the reasons why I like twitter better is because of the instant notifications that you get when a classmate responds, favorites or retweets your tweet. 

Personally, I like online discussions more than the in-class discussions but can't really choose between twitter or blackboard discussions. 

Comments

  1. This is the first class I've had to use Twitter for and I genuinely think more classes should start implementing this as well. I too, have trouble participating in-person rather than online so I would prefer online discussions as well.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Privacy

P2P

Advice